Your smile affects your self-confidence as well as your personal and professional lives. Perhaps you are one of the many patients who has thought about straightening your teeth and you have been deterred by the idea of conventional braces. Now, the search is on for an Invisalign provider near me. Located in Buffalo, Dr. Gordon Kent and the team at Smile Center offer clear aligner trays to shift your teeth into proper alignment without the embarrassment of metal brackets.
What to expect with Invisalign
Invisalign is a brand of aligner trays. This popular orthodontic treatment is convenient, removable, and subtle. From start to finish, Smile Center makes sure you know what to expect with your aligner tray treatment.
- Consultation– A consultation is necessary to determine if Invisalign is the best treatment for your orthodontic needs.
- Creating a treatment plan– Images or impressions are taken to create your custom trays. Your dentist will create a treatment plan including the movement of your teeth and length of the treatment.
- Wearing your aligners– Invisalign trays are made of clear, comfortable plastic that is barely noticeable. Trays should be worn for 20 to 22 hours daily for optimal results.
- Periodic checks– Patients receive multiple sets of trays. Each set is worn for a couple of weeks before being discarded for a new set. The trays use differently placed pressure to gently shift the teeth into proper alignment. Periodic checkups are scheduled to track the progression of your treatment.
- Retainers– Wearing a retainer after your Invisalign treatment maintains your beautiful new smile.
One of the key points to remember with Invisalign is that you control the success. The trays are removable. The more they are taken out, the less effective they are. Preferably, they should only be removed to eat or to care for your teeth. Abide by your dentist’s instructions for the best results. Not doing so can hinder your results or create the need for additional treatment in the future.
If you have questions or would like to discuss your orthodontic needs, contact Smile Center today to schedule your consultation .