No one likes to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Especially when it means interrupting your day to make a dental appointment. But besides your regular 6-month cleaning and exam, there are a few signs you should see your dentist as soon as possible.
– You have pain or swelling in your mouth, or even your face and neck.
– Your gums are irritated. Puffiness and bleeding are red flags.
– You have trouble eating. Chewing, and even swallowing, can be affected by dental issues.
– Your mouth is chronically dry. This can be a sign of a medical issue, but can also be caused by medication.
– You have pain in your jaw or your jaw pops.
– You have sores in your mouth that last more than a week. It could be a sign of an infection, or simply the result of rubbing on braces, the sharp edge of a broken tooth, etc.
You should especially make regular dental visits a priority if you use any kind of tobacco or have ongoing health issues. After all, your dental health is a big part of your overall health!
If you’re having any of these issues, call us to get an appointment as soon as possible!