General dental care
Here at the Smile Center we take comprehensive dental care to a new level. We provide all of your routine dental needs, as you would expect from any general dentist – with the quality you would expect from a specialist. Come to us for
- Chipped, cracked, or broken teeth
- Missing teeth
- Poorly fitting appliances
- Dental emergencies
- Regular cleanings
- Cosmetic enhancements
- Crooked or misaligned teeth
- Routine dental care
- Complex dental care
- Sedation dentistry
One of the most often needed and most often dreaded procedures in dentistry is a root canal. Come to the Smile Center, and there is nothing to dread!
- The most common complaint we hear from patients is that it’s boring!
- Many patients fall asleep during the procedure – even without sedation.
- The entire procedure is often completed in a single session. This often can also include the core and crown preparation, which most root canal teeth will need.
- With advanced technology, and precision skill, we perform root canals within a micron of perfection.
- Nearly 99 percent of root canals are successful, even the 1 percent can often be corrected with a secondary procedure.
- Root canals save teeth. After this procedure, your tooth is not dead; it is still a living part of your body, nourished by the blood supply surrounding your tooth.
- The root canal doesn’t hurt – it ends the pain of toothaches and saves your tooth.
Periodontal (gum) disease
Excellent dental care is about more than just teeth. Research has overwhelmingly indicated that protecting your oral health can protect your overall health in more ways than you may realize. Periodontal (gum) disease is an inflammatory condition that can be cured at any stage. The potential benefits of treatment (or better yet, prevention) include
- Prevent the leading cause of tooth loss.
- Eliminate bad breath.
- Reduce your risk of heart disease, stroke, colon cancer, and more.
- Help control, or reduce your risk of developing, diabetes.
- Improve the taste of your food.
- Stop gums from bleeding.
- Enjoy better overall health, and more energy!
Wisdom tooth (third molar) extraction
A wisdom tooth, or third molar, develops much later than other teeth. Most people have at least one impacted (unable to fully enter the mouth) wisdom tooth. Extraction of impacted teeth is more complicated than average tooth extraction, often requiring a dentist with special advanced surgical skills. At the Smile Center, we can remove your wisdom tooth right in our comfortable office, in a single visit. The benefits of extracting wisdom teeth include
- Reduce your risk of developing periodontal (gum disease) – wisdom teeth are difficult to clean around.
- Protect your other teeth – crowded wisdom teeth can damage neighboring teeth.
- Eliminate toothaches and jaw pain – wisdom teeth are frequently painful, and can interfere with proper jaw functioning.
- Eliminate infection – wisdom teeth are or become infected.
- Besides anesthetics, we can sedate you for the procedure.
Treatment of cavities is one of the most common dental procedures. Unfortunately, many people who have fillings in their teeth look like they have fillings in their teeth. For a beautiful, indistinguishable restoration, visit the Smile Center.
- We use tooth-colored filling material, matched to your tooth.
- There will be no silver, mercury or gold in your smile.
- Our fillings are strong and durable.
- We use the very best and most beautiful filling materials made that have a proven long term record of success.
- Little, if any, healthy tooth material is removed for fillings.
- This is a highly esthetic, functional, and conservative solution to decayed teeth.
You can count on the amazing team at the Smile Center for all of your dental care needs – from routine to complex. We are here to take care of you.