Did you know that tooth health is closely linked to ️heart health? In particular, poor gum health is a common indication of heart disease.
Because the bacteria that causes inflammation in your gums enters the bloodstream. When it reaches the heart, it can cause inflammation there, too.
So, if you have moderate or advanced gum disease, you’re at higher risk for heart disease.
And even if you don’t have noticeable gum issues, poor oral hygiene puts you at risk for gum disease.
What can you do? Simple!
– Brush twice daily
– Floss daily
– Get regular dental cleanings
And talk with your dentist if:
– You have red, swollen, or sore gums
– Your gums bleed while eating or brushing
– You see pus around your gum line
– Your gums are pulling away from your teeth
– You have chronic bad breath or a bad taste in your mouth
– Your teeth feel loose
Help protect your heart health by taking great care of your teeth and gums.
Call us TODAY to schedule your biannual cleaning!